Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatic Nerve Pain in Rivière-des-Prairies
Centre Chiropratique RDP provides relief to problems related to the sciatic nerve.
Chiropractic, an alternative to medication.
Sciatica is an acute or burning pain that radiates from the buttock area and can extend down to the foot. It results from irritation of the sciatic nerve. The latter comes from the union of 3 nerve roots from the lumbosacral region. Irritation of the sciatic nerve can be attributed to a number of causes, the most frequent of which are:
- a trauma causing a lumbar sprain
- a facet syndrome
- a herniated disc
- spinal canal stenosis
- a piriform syndrome
- other more sinister causes; degeneration, osteoarthritis, metastases
Based on your case history and the examination, your chiropractor will make a chiropractic diagnosis and inform you about the cause of your pain. He will recommend a personalized treatment plan that may include manual therapies, ice applications and rehabilitation exercises among others. He uses all his skills to make sure you recover as quickly as possible and avoid relapses.
Suitable and personalized chiropractic treatment
The treatment plan may include:
- Information and advice regarding your problem
- Manipulation, mobilization and/or traction of the vertebrae
- Soft tissue therapy
- Modalities applications
- Exercises and rehabilitation
- Ergonomic and lifestyle changes
- Referral to another health professional and co-treatment if necessary
Let an experienced chiropractor treat your sciatica
Dr. Robert David has a wealth of knowledge in different branches of human biology, including: